HomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHome

Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Real Crazy Life

What makes our life real crazy.....Dennis and I have been married for a year and half, but have been together for almost six and half years. We live with our two fur-babies Shea and Wolfie (two rescue dogs.) Dennis and I both work full time jobs. We are extremely close to our families so we try to spend as much time with them as possible (but we never seem to be able to spend enough). We both have hobbies that take up a great deal of our spare time. Dennis is a very good golfer and plays four to five times a week and I am the Treasurer for the Animal Rescue Foundation. I also love to craft and want to get back into my cross stitching and sewing. I also love to cook but I don't get to do that as much as I would like. So to say the least we don't have much free time and are usually running around like crazy. So with what little time I have I am going to start blogging.

I am going to blame this blog completely and totally on my friend Miranda. She has gotten me addicted to a great blog that has really gotten me motivated to not only get my house updated, but decorated and organized. At the moment I want my blog to be about what is going on around our house. That could be just about anything...decorating, crafting (not so much of that), yard work, gardening, fixing problems that arise in a 30-year old house (more than I care to count). It also may be about cooking and who knows building furniture (yes, I want to do that too.) Also I am secretly hoping that I can get Miranda's house on here a couple of times. Okay so maybe that isn't such a secret.

Dennis and I live in a house built in 1979, which Dennis purchased in 2002 before we started dating. I wish I had pictures of the bachelor pad that was his and his brother's home before my furniture moved in. It wasn't pretty with all the hand me down furniture. There was a yellow couch that I actually never sat on in the three years that he kept it. The house had a little updating when they moved in but not a whole bunch. The floors were redone and every wall was freshly painted.
I haven't done much to the houses since Dennis and I started dating because first it wasn't mine and then once we were engaged the plan to get back from our honeymoon and find a new house to purchase. Well that all changed with the Great Recession and both of our jobs became unstable, so we decided to stay put.

Well that is all today, but I am going to leave you with a picture of our before kitchen. The kitchen is one room that I have started and perhaps tomorrow I will post some pictures of where it is today. It isn't a finished product, but it looks much better.

Have a great day!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment