HomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHome

Monday, April 5, 2010

A Crazy Weekend

Wow!! What a Crazy Weekend. I hope that your Easter weekend wasn't as eventful as mine:)

My friend Dustie got married Saturday afternoon on a very tight budget so we all pitched in to help. The catering was done by my good friend Brandi and her wonderful husband Frank and Brandi's sister Nicci. (Some of the best wedding food I have ever had.) Decorating was done by myself, Dustie's sisters and Nicci's husband Ray. Final setup was completed by our friends Laleh, Kevin and the wonderful Dennis. Cleanup was a mass effort of everyone named above and Nicci and Ray's daughter Hanna Grace.
This is a picture of us from Dustie's Bachelorette Party in New Orleans

The wedding events took all day Friday and Saturday, but I did get in a quick visit with my family Saturday afternoon. My family has their Easter celebration a day early since my uncle is an Episcopalian priest and is just a tiny bit busy on Easter Sunday (imagine that). I only spent 30 minutes with them but I am glad that I did. My grandparents are getting older and it nice to be able to see them as often as I can.

My little sister was in town from Alabama but I think I saw her for a total of an hour. She has a track meet this coming weekend so I may make the trek to Oxford, MS to watch. I had a quick breakfast Sunday morning with her and my parents.

After breakfast Dennis and I headed across the bay to visit with his family. I made everyone's favorite cheese dip. (The recipe is at the end of the post.) I also made a broccoli casserole that I have made several time before for my family but not for Dennis'. Everyone seemed to love it so I am sure I will be making it again. We had great weather for the adult Easter Egg Hunt. (Think Money Eggs!!!) Unfortunately I only found one, but since Dennis is such a good husband he gave me three of his:)

To say the least it was a Crazy Busy Weekend...and I have the blisters to prove it. I also have a note to self.....Never Ever run in high heels that are too tight!!!

I am hoping that this week that I can get into my new sewing machine and make some pillows. I also have found some curtain rods...Cheap, Cheap. So I might get those up along with some curtains. Dennis has recruited his brother Michael to put up our new lights in the foyer, dining area, kitchen and hall bath. I am ready for yet another Crazy Week!!

Have a Great Monday!!

Cheese Dip
2 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
2 Cups Shredded Velveeta Cheese
Half an Onion (Diced)
3 JalapeƱos (Chopped)
1 Cup Mayo
Garlic Powder to Taste

Mix all ingredients together chill and serve with either Frito Scoops or chips or crackers of your choice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment